View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 11:48 AM   #44
Seanext

Re: 1972 C30 Dump truck

Well you know what they say about them rabbit holes. It started as an old dump truck bad rust, stuck engine, bent drive shaft, and the list goes on. It was on a farm and I would be willing to bet there are not two screws or bolts that are the same. So I started digging, and it has gone side ways since then but in a good way. Fenders, hood, radiator support, inner fenders were shot, rusted beyond repair. So my thoughts were it would make it easier to change motor mount (both shot) and tune up with all the bad stuff out of the way. I pulled all the rusted stuff off and left the cab. Two hours with the pressure washer and most of the 50 years of grime and grease were gone. Most of the rubber from the motor mounts blew out with the pressure washer. Ok ready to start all the repairs up front. Well the wiring harness is shot more splices and than wire so out it comes. You know I should check the clutch while I am here. Sure enough the clutch adjustment was all the way at the end and the bellhousing mount were shot as well. Ok do I want to get under it and pull the transmission? I don't think so and besides there are only four bolts holding the cab on right and I need to change the cab mounts as they are shot as well, off comes the cab, transmission and bellhousing and clutch. You guess it the flywheel had hot spots and the cam plug was leaking oil everywhere. So I fixed the oil leak, flywheel fixed, new cutch, pressure plate,
throw out bearing, pilot bearing, bellhousing mounts, and cleaned and painted. New fuel pump, water pump, all cleaned and painted. New alternator, starter, and A/C compressor ordered. Got to have A/C in the south. Cab stripped down and rust repair started. Hopefully will at least be able to drive it by the end of the summer if all goes well.
Attached Images

Seanext is offline   Reply With Quote