View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
mdw

Big Blue's Build

And it starts, after driving this around for a couple of years, building my parts stash up and deciding which way I was going to go with this build the time has come to start. First thing I had to do was get the wifes, kids, and all other projects done so I could tie up my shop for the winter.

After seeing how others have done theirs, my plan is as follows, Lower it down with correct springs and shocks, Hydroboost braking, updated/newer seating, 5speed trans, complete rebuild of brakes and suspension, rust repair, paint, some engine mods (cam, intake, ignition) new wiring and maybe some other tid-bits along the way.

This is going to be a driver, not a show truck, I am saving all the wild ideas for the panel I want to build. Now, all this is done on a shoe string budget as I am a disabled vet that recieves a pension monthly, now having kids at home really puts a limit on the available funds so all corners that can be cut have been.

The "victim" starts off as a 1972 1/2 ton suburban with a 350/350 combo no air basic transportation. Here are some pics of the start, you can see my 14 year old boy helping me out with this.
Attached Images

mdw is offline   Reply With Quote