View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 04:03 PM   #31
MARKDTN

Re: Battery Cable terminations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
Thanks for that option. I had to look up every piece that you suggested. I appreciate it.
Sorry. Cushion clamps are used in lots of places like big trucks and equipment. Available in various sizes to hold wires and air lines. One of the previous post pics used them on battery cables. A twisted standoff can be a short or long bar twisted 90 degrees. It changes the direction of a hole and moves things away/positions them at the same time. With stiff enough battery cable it might not be required, but if you had a standoff you can make the battery cable stay exactly where you want it to be in the critical area where it passes the header tube. A double stud is basically threaded rod with a nut in the middle. You could just put the negative under a transmission bolt, but to me it looks much nicer to use a double stud.

You could run it inside the frame, but I wouldn't. You cant see it and can't fully protect it if it shorts. You can get all manner of grommets from McMaster-Carr but if I had a custom box frame I wouldn't want to cut big holes in it either.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote