View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #55
Rokcrln

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt
Kevin-
The bigger notch I am referring to has nothing to do with the canti-lever set-up.With a 29" tall tire, the bottom of the frame rail just behind the C4 third member mounts needs to be 20" from the ground (at a 5" ride height) to give the rear tie-rods clearance at full dump. The mounts on the third member are about 38" wide and will not fit inside the frame-rails of a stock chassis. We're doing a 71 blazer with full C4 and I will be happy to post some pics as soon as we get to the suspension part of the build. Not trying to discourage, I know you're more than capable of doing this type of work, and I agree, the more work (challenge) the bigger reward!

Thanks for the info and I speak for alot of us that would love to see more of your work! You never need to worry about Discourging me! Heck most of the projects that I have done in some way is because someone told me it could not be done. I am one of those guys that lives life by two rules, Rule #1 is I don't use food for bait and I don't use bait for food! #2 is their is nothing I can not do just some things I have not done yet!!! So far both rules have worked out great.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

PS. My wife says to please stop showing your pic's on this site because it is going to cost a bunch to play in your ball game
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote