View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #57
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

creaping along here getting the brakes nailed down. I received my skyjacker front brake hoses yesterday and they fit great. I got the 2" to 4" lift braided hoses for a 72. They also came with adapters to fit thru the frame.

I am working on the rear brakes now. I ordered the drop line from skyjacker as well, but don't have it yet. I ordered weld tabs from summit that will help the transition from the stock lines to short braided lines that go to the calipers. I'm not sure about the line sized though. Does anybody know what the line size is going into the 76 cadillac calipers? It is smaller than the existing brake line that was for drums. I think stock is 7/16 and the cadillac is 3/8 but not sure. I need to order lines and adapter that will work for this transition. Help! In the mean time I needed to fab a couple e brake brackets.

I bolted these to the back side of the caliper plates aimed at the brake brackets on the calipers.

now I just need to order custom length cables. They came in at 41.5 inches.
It's coming together, just a little slow at the moment. I should have more clutch stuff tomorrow so a lot should happen when i have all the parts.

Last edited by cmabolt; 05-16-2013 at 08:13 AM.
cmabolt is offline   Reply With Quote