Thread: CA used bedwood wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #13
oem4me

Re: used bedwood wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
I'm going to suggest you re-think your social media strategy because like you, I wanted no part of Facebook until I realized the world of antique pickup pages and groups like this one on there and what parts and trucks, and everything in between was being sold on there. Facebook may have started as a place for Women to post gossip and pictures of their kids, but its WAY WAY more than that now. I get texts when people post about old trucks on groups I am in, and see when they reply or ask a question instantly on my smartphone. Facebook is not alien technology to 50+ year olds either - very intuitive and easy to learn. I think you would love Facebooks multitude of 60-66 specific truck groups and like me, probably spend more time there than on here. Something to consider anyway
Yeah, I'm watching the tide change too. Honestly, I'm dedicated old school as far as everybody knowing my every move. Kinda creeps me out that most people seem to prefer popularity over privacy these days. Don't get me wrong, people are awesome and friends are important, but when i get an unsolicited email which includes a list of several unrelated friends that are on Facebook, I just want to run the other way. ...Mr. Unitrucker, I know.

Last edited by oem4me; 11-08-2017 at 11:30 AM.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote