View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 10:57 AM   #19
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: progression ignition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
We've all gotten used to carrying a spare module for our GM HEI units. That's usually all that fails with them and it's widely available.
What would be the failure items, beyond cap and rotor, with this unit and are replacement parts readily available locally or will the unit have to be returned to them for repair?
Well this is the response and I did ask "what if" follow up, if/when I get a response to that I'll post that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore @progression ignition
We don't sell the modules separately. There is no need to carry a extra one. People have been accustomed to carrying an extra HEI module because the quality of most aftermarket modules is garbage.

Our modules use completely different hardware than a stock type module. Our modules also don't create the internal heat that causes stock type modules to burn out. The microprocessor in our module monitors the coil current and adjusts dwell time very accurately so there is no excess current which turns into heat.

We do sell replacement caps and rotors and yes, they are stock replacements that you can purchase elsewhere. Thanks

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote