View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 01:18 PM   #140
Dave_The_BMXER

Re: 51 GMC 'Project Why Wait'

Couple more updates. A large missing piece of my puzzle was figuring out the radiator. My local speed shop (Performance Improvements) recommended that I look into a Pro Form 1-2-3 setup.

After a few measurements, I selected their 17" core model.

It comes with the fan/shroud already together and temperature controller, bung. All the stuff you need.

Of course, with any new part it doesn't fit a custom application without cutting

I ended up trimming the front of my rad support out and notching for the inlet and outlets.

I also added some L brackets to the bottom as well. I am going to get my fabricator to add a few brackets to the radiator as well for extra support

Don't worry about things looking a little off-kilter, most of the front end is "tight enough" until we get a little further along fabrication-wise.

Also as you can see the front end is back on so I had to see how the Astros looked tucking

This will be a great switch up with my Detroit Steel wheels.

Also, I got a stripe run between the blue and white, just to clean things up a little bit.

A couple here's and there's left before it goes off and I bring the bed into the garage!
Dave_The_BMXER is offline   Reply With Quote