View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #48
SCHRUMGMC

Re: Found my Great-Grandfathers 1959 GMC Apache

I was joking about the MG, my grandfather owned many of them and they all had issues.I had to cover up my truck today due to possible Snow, due to other things in the garage now I am not able to put it in the Garage like I'd like to.I plan on fixing the rust issues and then leaving it all "original", I picked up the Original '59 Gmc Rims from the Bus Garage where they were sitting, it still had the Original light green on them.@Denee It looks wonderful under the hood..The engine is re-painted, and so is the Transmission.Its all clean looking.Still has the Glass Fuel filter on it.I couldn't find the muffler and low and behold it was under the cab . I am finally happy with my purchase, as many of you know it has a lot of History with my family..The Mileage on the Truck isn't accurate though, and I know why !!!

I have the Original Driving Documents from the Factory, with the Comic 50's style advertisement telling what to do with your new "GMC" and other things it came with..The Original Tailgate is savable.I have some issues, as I will disclose soon once I get it running.The Generator needs rebuilding, and it needs a Battery THAT IS ALL !!!. It felt wonderful to have the Original Rims back, and its pretty much how it was when my pawpaw parked in back in '86. I just wish I knew what the original color for the Dash(I assume the Light Green color), and the doors(which I think was gray,due to the hinge covers).Since my truck came with Deluxe Molding, could it have come with the Deluxe heater?, it has a heater under the passenger side dash..although I can't seem to open the Glove box back open.The "GMC" Grille has some holes through the Chrome and is really rusty, I think its beyond repair but i'd like find another somewhere online

Once I get the money for the Generator rebuild, and a Battery I'll update some more..I'll post some pictures I took when I brought it home

That MG Midget, used to be white.It has an aftermarket Hardtop on it...One day I'd like to get it running
Attached Images

Last edited by SCHRUMGMC; 11-12-2013 at 09:46 PM.