Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 05:59 PM   #94
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

I ordered a couple bolts along with a few other items I needed from Mcmaster so I hope to get the track repaired later this week. I finally got some time to work all weekend on this thing and started mocking up the new stainless brake & gas lines. I also contacted a local powdercoater to see what it would cost to get them to blast and powdercoat all the buddy bucket metal work. The frame work won't fit in my blast cabinet and it is just too wet still to even think about setting up the lil HF pot outside.

As far as tires go on the rear, I think I have decided on 295/65/15. My SIL has some that he let me borrow long enough to see how they fit & I think they will be better than the 50 series.

So much left to do to this thing it is hard to stay focused some times so i have been keeping a written list of things done, things needing done and things I think i want done.

Spent the better part of this afternoon fixing my blasting cabinet and blasting small parts I need in order to get some of the things put back together on the truck. The cabinet has been driving me nuts for a while now not flowing the sand out right. It would work fine for about 30 seconds then I would find myself shaking and kneeing the cabinet to keep flow going. Took time to empty the glass out of it figuring something was clogging it but could not find anything at 1st. Got the beads all back in and it was a tiny bit better lasting maybe a minute. Shut it down again and started taking things apart again. I finally found a pc of chrome that had blistered off from somewhere was stuck in the feed pipe and I assume every time I pulled the trigger it was getting crossways in the pipe blocking the flow. Got that all cleaned out and put it back together, now it works like a champ again.

I ordered a plastic gas tank a while back and did not order the fuel sender with it for some reason. I lucked out and found an NOS one for $75 shipped so got that put in today as well. I have to get some pipe plugs tomorrow to cap off the un needed extra vents in the tank and need to get the OG straps coated so I can get it back up under the truck.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote