View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #17
6600DURAMAX

Re: Part Time Pulling Truck Build

DieselEater, I have attached some pics of the hitch, I reinforced the bottom of the frame with 1/4'' angle that was welded to the frame then bolted the hitch on. Boxed the frame and added the 2''x2''x1/4'' tube as seen. I think this should be enough. I hope! As for limiting block the other pic is of a bracket, I have to finish welding up the limit stop but they will be made out of 2''x2''x1/4'' tube with a 1'' nut welded to the bottom, I will then run a 1'' bolt up thru the bottom of the nut to get the suspension fully on the axle.

Up front I plan on running some sort of weight bracket that is the reason for the extensive hitch assembly, I hope to hang around 800+ pounds when said and done.

As for the motor I am running a 468BBC full roller motor with a cam that kicks in around 2800, I have only spun the motor to around 6500rpm but I am sure it could handle a tad more just trying to make it last.

Trannies, trannies, trannies...... I fully understand your point here, unfortunatly I am going to run my TH350........ I have a turbo 400 that I would like to bolt to the 205 but do not have an adapter and am not a real big fan of running a divorced case. I know that this will be my weak point, really weak point but I am hoping it can get me by for a few seasons. I only plan to pull 6-8 times per year.

I appriciate the tips and will check out RedDogs for sure
Attached Images

1971 CREWMAX Build.....at body shop for couple more years
6600DURAMAX is offline   Reply With Quote