View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 11:16 PM   #22
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Timing & Gas Milage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post
At the level of detail you are working, I would wait til you had 5k miles or more on the engine. I would be concerned that your motor is "tight" causing part of your gas mileage issue. The other items that will affect gas milage:

-what is the diameter of your tires?
-does your starter turn slower when the engine is hot vs cold start? (ie engine is tight)
-do you have excessive "slippage" of your torque converter (assuming it is a non lock up?)
That makes some sense, though I don't think I went wrong getting a different distributor that didn't come from eBay that no one seems to have heard of before.
  1. 275 60 15
  2. Not at all. My starter has no problems, turns over well (cold or hot).
  3. All I know it is a stock TH350 that was overhauled when the engine was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Do you have a wideband?
Sorry, I cannot say either way - need to find out what wideband means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin oil View Post
Just set the timing to high idle and be done with it. Disconnect the vac advance.

Good luck.
Noted, though sounds complicated! I need to print that out, read over it to insure I understand what you have suggested. Personally, I have all the time in the word to try things out at least once! Though to remember @cj847 comment, perhaps I need to let it break in a bit more...

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote