View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #38
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

Got some work done today.

On the Dodge, I got the transfer case put back together. It took way too long, it was a PITA. The new bearing was maybe 1/16" too thick and I couldn't get the snap ring back on, so I ended up putting the old bearing in. There is nothing wrong with it, but would have liked to put a new one in while I was there. Then I got to the rear u-joint and the bolts were rounded off enough that I couldn't get them tightened down, and then couldn't get them back out. So, I had to cut the bolts off and go get a new u-joint strap "kit" The whole thing turned out in to a big time waster. Hopefully it doesn't leak any more though

Then I moved on to the crew cab. I removed the bumper, grill, core support, front fenders, and then started on disconnecting the engine. I have just a few more things to disconnect and the engine will be ready to pull.

Oh yeah, I was wrenching this whole time in the garage while it was 106 outside. It sure is nice having an A/C unit in the garage, thought its not really big enough to keep up. By the time I quit for the day it was about 82 (was about 72 this morning). I can't complain much

Last edited by Ackattack; 07-29-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote