View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #1479
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

[quote author="@nickwheeler" source="/post/2711958/thread" timestamp="1640340530"]An engine dangle is a good use of a few minutes, even if it's just to illustrate what the engine and gearbox mounts need to be.

Now that it's movable, just lining it alongside the chassis would be a good start.[/quote]

Hope this is what you were thinking of @nickwheeler. As the hydraulic ram needs to be serviced.

So I did very little but accomplished a load.

Took a load of firewood and dogfood to some homeless kids living in a rotten caravan.

Then back home, cleaned up and moved stuff around in the carport area.

Moved the fiberglass body out into the open and got some masking tape, and a few lengths of tile battening.

Then rolled the motor next to the chassis and marked out with the blue masking tape where the engine mounts are on the MX5 engine.

Next was a stick to show where the bulkhead is, and thus the rear of the engine.

Third line is where the mounting bolts for the gearbox sit.

Lastly, I took the car off the rollers and pushed it up against the hedge, hopefully if @kevfromwales gets it all together, he will be collecting the shell on the 6th or 7th of January when he is delivering a car nearby (50 mile radius )

I also completed the shopping list and rebolted it onto the car.

I have no car plans for Christmas day except to be nice to Sally and her family.

But in the mean time…….. it is spinning around in my head.

Peace out.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote