View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #1482
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

OK……

So I lied.

Boxing day break lasted till 12.00 then Sally went home to cook UncleBobs lunch for the next two days, leaving me bored after having a coffee and biccies.

So, I went down to the garage to see what the measurements were approximately for the gearbox, engine and chassis.

Unusually, Sally came back because she had forgotten her phone, and came down to the carport to tell me…..

Sneaky pic taken while I was doing the mock up of whwre the gear lever comes through the floor.

So, based on my simple measurements, the red can cap shows where the gear lever comes through the floor.

The front wooden bar shows where the firewall is.

Checking the engine mounts, they seem to be 400mm apart.

Also in the MX5 engine bay.

And working back from the waterpump hose mount, you have another 400mm measurement.

Looking from the diff coupling fact to the gear shift is about 34.5 inches.

Gear shift to waterpump 55 inches
Prop shaft - mounting face to slip in 36 inches
Gear shift to engine mount 960mm

Anyway, in order to fit the engine and keep the gear shift where it was originally, will be a tight fit.

Prop shaft mount seems to be different between the ford and Mazda items, but a small issue.

Next job will be to lift and lay the engine and transmission in the chassis to see where it all sits, and then to test fit the body over it all.

Boxing day……

Also did another small job that has been long overdue.

More about that later.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote