View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #14
Caddylackn

Re: Long Bed weight????

I would build a wood beam out of 2" by 8"s to sit under the bed rail and use an engine picker. Pick it up 3' then drive a trailer or flat bed under it and haul it away. That is how I removed mine. I bet its at least 400#s.

Without a crane, bending over and getting it off the ground is the tough part. With two, you might be able to stand it on end and back a flat bed up to it and carefully lower it back onto the bed. Then use three people to pick up the other end still on the ground and slide it farther onto the bed.

You think 4 people for 400#s, that is only 100# per person. Nope, only if you are perfectly balanced and coordinated to lift exactly at the same time. It is usually 100# plus all the force fighting each other from not going up at the exact same time or forward movement so add another 100# of jerky forces.

You could call a tow company and ask them how much to pick it up onsite and move it to your trailer or truck bed onsite. Be worth a $100 to me to not have to try to round up another 3 guys, pick them up, drive them, and feed them and beer them to get their help, then drop them off at home.