View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 11:25 PM   #222
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
Well the family dinner went off Sunday without a hitch and it seems like everyone had a good time. I enjoy it, but glad it only happens once a year. It's a lot of work.
Worked on the project yesterday and today. The weather is a lot nicer right now.

I drilled the heads off of some of the bolts on the rear wheel tubs to see how much I will have to widen them. (picture 1) I used a center punch to punch the center of the bolt heads and a 12" long drill bit to make it easier to clear the tub. (picture 2) Then I marked the cut line on the tub. (picture 3) and cut it. (picture 4). I have extra tubs so I won't have to put a piece in, I can just cut another inner section wider. The top line is 3 3/4 inches and the bottom line is 5 inches. The top line would be wide enough but it is on top of a rib and will make it a hassle to fit the lip of the tub to the floor. I think I will move out to the 5 inch line where it will be in a valley and make it much easier. I still may use the orange bed. It has a wood floor and would make this whole process much easier. The wood floor is bad but I have a new oak wood kit and new bed strips for it so that isn't a problem. I will have to give it some serious thought.....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 08-10-2022 at 12:10 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote