View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
6600DURAMAX

Re: Part Time Pulling Truck Build

Well, as with any build the drama continues............ Brackets are still a couple days out, so I am going to start pulling the front clip off this weekend and hopefully will be able to get the motor mounts to the powdercoaters at the same time also. The biggest delima now is if I should have the Turbo 350 tranny rebuilt while it is out. Right before I pulled the truck into the shop to be tore down, massive amounts of tranny fluid were leaking out of what appeared to be the torque convertor........ No big deal ed a bigger stall anyway. Well after pulluing the tranny ans inspecting the torque convertor it doesn't appear to be split like I had hoped.

Now I don't really know what was leaking?? The front seal didn't show a lot of fluid on it? I am really confused. Could it be a hair line crakc in the torque convertor? What else could leak that bad? Front pump seal looks good???

No new pictures yet, although I did order my 17x12 ION wheels and they are arriving today I will post pics when I get them!!!

1971 CREWMAX Build.....at body shop for couple more years
6600DURAMAX is offline   Reply With Quote