View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 01:18 AM   #106
caseyjones

Re: 1964 C10 Survivor

Been tinkering on the truck a little more...
Installed a new Autoline rebuilt carburetor purchased through Rockauto.com and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. When i started tearing down the old carb for a rebuild, I noticed a lot of play in the throttle shaft/bores, and the shaft had come loose from the lever. That explained the erratic and high idle RPM. I removed the airhorn gasket and put the airhorn and bowl together and could see through the gap between them. The old carb was a Holley rebuild with a 2007 date code. Can't believe how hammered it was. New carb works great, truck starts like it should, runs like it should. I also fixed a bad ground on the fuel level sender so that's working well again.
I also painted and installed my bed wood. I chose to mill the wood myself, but I think I'd just pony up for a kit next time. I am just not patient enough with wood and I just don't have the right tools. I used a creeper that my wife and daughter got me for Christmas a lot during this project - it made the maneuvering under the bed, tightening the bolts really pretty easy.

I found an old cooler on CL and decided that it would look pretty cool in the back of the truck. i took it apart and insulated it with polystyrene foam board, thinking it might help more than the original fiberglass batt. It's a Wards Western Field model cooler. Well-used up but fits the theme of the truck. I took off the 90's radio station stickers and plan to add a few vintage stickers of my own.

I installed some Noico sound deadening mat in the doors and on the back cab wall. and it seems to help, I'll have to pull out the seat to do the floors next.
My wheels are backordered until August now, but the painted rally wheels pass for now. I've been cruising around and enjoying the mild spring we've been having.

caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote