View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 04:32 PM   #244
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

I received the brake line flaring tool today, so it's time to work on the brake lines. I started with the LF line with the wrong sized nut. I used a tubing cutter to cut the end off. I took off the least amount of material that I could so the line was reusable. Next, I used a brake line deburring tool to deburr the inside and outside of the tubing. This will help with making an easy and clean double flare. The flaring tool is heavy duty and makes easy work of the stainless material. I have to say, I hope the rest of the lines are this easy.

Next up are the two lines that will come from the proportioning valve. Since the cab isn't on, I don't know exactly where the valve will rest. I should have enough adjustability in the lines to get everything tight later.

Last thing for today is the intermediate line. I wanted to finish everything up but I realized I was missing a union. So, I ordered a pack of unions and another tee that matched the rear. For the intermediate line, 10 feet ended up being the perfect length. I hade to bend a 90° at the rear and a slight bend in the center to follow the frame rail. I installed two nuts and double flared both ends. Here it is installed. More to come in a few days.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote