View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #96
niterider65

Cool Re: 1965 chevy truck one piece @a time

Thanks man
Robert
I would have stripes the fire wall before putting the motor in but that was about the only this i would have done differnt sofare but . i use the 1/4 inch grinder and the scotch bright stripping wheels red or black like whats on the gringer in the pic.for the big stuff fender doors and hood . it cuts fast and don't have to waist time on sand paper .on the small and tighter stuff id use the scotch pads that is the scond in the pic they come brown or red.
I use the also to polish stuff but the really cut the paint good too .last would be the slapper wheel i use these on corners ie radio on the dash and othere hard to reach areas that the wheels can't get .im working on the tail gate and i have use the scoth pad wheels . use the 2 inch backing holder on the big stuff . what ive found out is to use a smaller backing wheels ive got one that about an inch round and use old wheels that were down on the bigger holder use the smaller one to get in the letters . but ill have to sand blast the ends of the tail gate and in between the letter. Its a lot faster than a D A sander ..ill post the pic of the two holder im talking about
thanks again
Bill W
Attached Images

niterider65 is offline   Reply With Quote