Thread: 74' by Jabes...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #25
Jabes1

Re: 74' by Jabes...

Sand blasted the swaybar, but its not installed yet. I don't like the way it mounts to the frame so, Im going to mount it differently and higher so it doesn't hang down.

Picked up a set of Doug Thorley Headers from the junkyard. They are stainless with thick flanges. I had a set of Hookers that I really liked, but they disappeared from a friends house. When I was using the Hookers, I didn't like re-torqing them. Im hoping the thick flanges on the Thorley's will cut down on that some. I like the power of headers, but not the maintenance. These were designed for a Suburban with drivers side exit exhaust and require the use of the Thorley designed crossover pipe and single hump crossmember.

I currently have a double hump crossmember so these will not work until I get a single hump crossmember to run the exhaust down the drivers side. I could run true dual exhaust, however the passenger side header is turned towards the transmission to meet the crossover tubing. Im hoping that between running tpi and these Tri-Y's, it will have a nice bottom end and mpg's will reflect that.
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote