View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 12:10 AM   #3
Ironhorse

Re: Leather Seat - *#^**

Granted 17/18 years use is pretty good but at the same time my old work car I bought in 2006 is a 1988 Chevy Caprice LS 4 door sedan. Has 225K on the clock, cloth velour seating, and has no tears or rips. Only wear showing is on the ribbing between the cloth panels on the seat cushion. That's 34 years of use since day one and looks really good for it's age. The leather always takes a "memory" crease to the pressure spot from the act of sitting on it. That weakens the strength of the leather material and the resultant cracks turn in to splits with more use. Look at a well used leather seat with 175 / 200k on the clock and many of the seats are in terrible condition relative to the age of the vehicle.

Not knocking the Tahoe, it has a 157K on it right now and runs good. Few minor problems but nothing serious. Rides good, clean and comfortable, just don't happen to care about GM's over use of leather interiors. I've learned to accept it along with all the electronics of vehicles now days. What ever happened to just good basic transportation I wonder?
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote