View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 01:37 AM   #30
69GMC2004

Re: 1970 in the Great White North

I've been falling behind on this project here. You know how life gets in the way with these types of things. Made some progress though. Got the LS engine refreshed, new cam, valve springs and timing set installed. Painted engine, not sure about the color yet. I did black on the engine because it hides all the stains and impurities in the metal well, and gold pulleys and valve covers for the accent to match (ish) the planned paint color. I decided to paint the truck the original colors (ish), white top of the cab and white below lower body trim, but I think I will do a brighter metallic gold. Paint is still a ways away but hoping to get it ready this year, ambitious, I know. Got the bellhousing dial indicated and transmission mounted and sitting in the frame. Now I have to stop being lazy and finally finish the cab metal work. I've learned I do not enjoy fitting replacement panels, like at all. After several hours of passenger side rocker, it's still wildy out and I'm wondering if I just got an absolutely terrible stamping. I might just go pick up a new panel and start fresh.

Pics are currently uploading, and will post once they are done.
69GMC2004 is offline   Reply With Quote