View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 05:54 PM   #36
Chris_oz

Re: 700R4 TCC Wiring

Wow, I love the quality of your work, looks factory and very neat.

I have a 1993 TH700 in my 62 Cadillac and wanted to have some control over the TC locking with buying a kit, as I am in Australia, everything is 3 times the price by the time its landed here.

I used the brake switch, so it controls all, brakes on, its unlocked.
I also put in a 3 position, 2 way switch, so I can have OFF, on in 4th only, or on in 2nd-3rd-4th (still has brake switch)

I use the factory 4th gear switch to earth when in the 4th switch position, and use the switch to earth for 2-3rd gear.
I seldom use this function other than when driving down long flowing hills, 3rd gear, TC locked is perfect for light throttle and strong engine brake, I manually select 3rd on the shifter and flip the switch.

My trans was out of a lighter sedan, so had a light Gov in it, making the 1-2 and 2-3 upshifts way to late for my driving style, I added some weight with the stock springs and got it so I now have a nice relaxed shift on light throttle.

my 3-4 upshift is at 50-52 mph, which is perfect for me, as many of our local roads are 50mph limit, so I can get it to drop into 4th very easily, but a slight press on the gas has it back to 3rd, so it works for me.

I have wondered about a vacuum switch, as very rarely I feel it labor on slight hills, not enough to make it change back, but enough to load it and have wondered if a vacuum switch could be tuned to help here, but I normally just flick the switch.
I have been thinking about putting in a second headlight dipper switch (floor mounted) to turn it off. might be a good winter project.
Chris_oz is offline   Reply With Quote