View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 12:48 AM   #43
pjmoreland

Re: 700R4 TCC Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdangle View Post
I've had the same issue with slowing down and lugging. Thats why I installed the vac switch. It eliminates that issue. The only issue I have is if I try to drive in D not 3rd around town, it shifts into 4th way too early. then the converter locks, vac drops it unlocks then locks back up 8 sec later. I've not found a way to avoid this and as a result drive in 3rd around town. Kinda sucks. I thought about the B&M speed based unit but like you have a problem with the cost. No way it should cost that. I would actually love to have a 4L60 but when your done, it looks like $4500 or better. Be nice to have the response of a modern car as to when it shifts and locks. Oh Well, guess I have to live with it.
Installing a second vacuum switch like I did resolved the on, off, 8 seconds, on, off, 8 seconds issue on hills. I just got back from a test drive after connecting my high vacuum switch to timed vacuum from the carb, and now the TCC stays unlocked when coasting after tapping the brakes. This cuts down on lugging at slow speeds.

I'm thinking about installing a Sonnax AS1-01K TV cable corrector kit, which would allow me to run the TV cable a little tighter than normal so the part throttle shift points would be moved up without increasing WOT shift points. That should also help with lugging.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote