View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 10:58 PM   #235
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Can't believe it's been over a year since I updated this. I flipped the Miata for nearly enough to buy a '66 C10 I found back in January, I posted a build thread for it in the 60-66 section. The C10 pretty much stalled progress on the Capri, the C10 is way cooler.

I finally got a cam ground for the white '89 Festiva that should work, the first company's cam wasn't compatible with the rocker pad diameter. That took about six months to work through and find another cam grinder with a compatible master lobe to make a usable cam. That let me check mock up and check piston to valve clearance, then set up and notch the intake side deeper. Also settled on a final port design that doesn't interfere with the water jackets.

I bought another Capri parts car and a solid '89 Festiva shell last December.

And last week I flew out to Las Vegas to pick up a keeper- an '88 L Plus with low miles, then drove it back over the next three days. It was originally from Phoenix and was always garaged so it's super well preserved, all of the ink stamps, inspection marks, stickers, etc are still present. The fenderwells even look 95% new after spending 5 min cleaning them.

After getting it home and doing a quick wash.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote