View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 08:39 PM   #24
TKCR

Re: attaching lower door carpet panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82c10gcl View Post
Thanks TKCR. Good to know the USA1 trim pieces are good quality. Everything I see and hear about their product seems to be good and that's why I'm probably going to get their dash. I like the idea of the metal substructure. The only downside is the shipping is a killer (on top of exchange and duty and taxes). Wish they had a local distributor instead but I guess that's how they keep control of their sales and customer service.

My intent is to lighten up the colour of the interior of the truck. I don't like the 82 Blue interior. I put in buckets and a console that were done in an off-white vinyl but they contrast too much with the dark blue so when I replace the dash I want to go to a lighter color for it, match that colour on the door panels and kicks, and put in door inserts and a headliner (and trim) in the off-white vinyl. Since I'm putting the new kicks in soon, I thought I'd try the color on them to make sure it looks good before ordering the dash.

Once you have your sample trim piece done with the different blues, I' be very interested in seeing it.

Thanks again for the tips on applying the dye.

Glenn
Well call them about the shipping. I know the computer automated shipping calculator for Canada is way off. If you call, they can give you the right amount for shipping.
I brought more pieces up to the house, from the shed. So I'll do the Blue tomorrow, and post it. That should give both of us a better idea on which blue would look best.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote