View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #47
gdavis

Re: The Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post

I bought this cab for $300 and it looked excellent.
It already had all rotted metal replaced and was real solid, however knowing appearances can be decieving (you guys know what im talking about).
I decided to break out the side angle grinder and a Polycarbonite disk and remove the primer on the cab corner and boy was I dissapointed.
The previous owner had done one of the worst cab corner replacement jobs I had ever seen on the passenger side.
Not only did he not remove all of the original rusty thinned metal there were holes all over the place.
There was also 1/4th of an inch of bondo because the brand new cab corner was caved in so instead of replacing or straightening the damaged piece he just layed mud on it.
So im going to have to replace the corner.
Sigh...
Heres a pic.

The Drivers side cab corner is just as bad, but that isnt the only problem on the drivers side.
When the rocker and corner were replaced he lost the fit and fair and it slipped towards the front so the rocker hangs off the front of the cab 1/4th of an inch.
The door wont even open or close without scraping on both sides even with the door and front fender yanked as far forward as possible.
Sigh...
So now im going to have to dismantle the entire drivers side move it back into factory fit and fair specs before I can finish up my cab.
Sorry no pictures for the drivers side right now I will add them when I start tearing into it.

/rant on

I just dont understand why in the hell people do things when they dont understand the proper way to do it.
/rant off
That was a god buy. I have that much and I am not half way yet I mean the cab.
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote