View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #58
mr48chev

Re: S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog540wag View Post
As you know the 1947-54 has a flat floor board. In order to get a nice ride height and look you would need to mig weld a tunnel in for the transmission to have clearance on the floor pan when you lower the body down on the frame mounts. The alternative is sky high frame mounts and the frame hangs below the rocker panels. That's why the mounts in the conversion kits they sell are really tall. I really need to post some of my pictures. I will work on doing that, I spend most of my free time working on my trucks not surfing the internet.
The "sky high" mounts are to allow the running boards to be attached to the truck. You don't see any frame with the running boards on the truck. It does look pretty hokey without them that way though. A few guys have run a shorter bed on their AD trucks and set the cab right down on mounts on the S=10 frame without running boards having the bottom of the doors be the rocker panels so to speak. That may happen with one of my extra cabs and my stack of left over parts. Dead S-10's have gone from free and drag them off to being around 600 bucks or more in this area in the last six or seven years though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote