Thread: 74' by Jabes...
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
Jabes1

Re: 74' by Jabes...

Got the notches fabbed, bolted in and made the trip to my Dad's place to weld them in place. I knew they would stay bolted to make the trip, I just don't trust them enough leave them that way. The truck cruises really nice, just like a new truck. I need to tone th exhaust down, the Flowmaster 40 series I had lying around are retarded loud and I don't want to use them. I have a large chamber Magnaflow I'm going to put in along with a flex section and rubber isolators to keep the exhaust from banging around. Found a few bugs with the cooling system. I purchased a Champion aluminum radiator for my truck awhile back and it works damn good... too good! On a hot day it never gets above 150 degrees cruising and on a day like today with a headwind it wouldn't get over 130 degrees so my ecu is dumping more fuel thinking the truck isn't warmed up. Its not really much more than a tweak or two I can make with the ecu to compensate, but it wouldnt hurt to cover up some of the radiator to block some airflow. They do that in NASCAR for aero as well as overcooling. A engine can run too cold.
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote