View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 12:35 AM   #27
dagnabbitt

Re: 1972 GMC 2500 6.2 Diesel

With the help of the forum I managed to find the right parking cables for me. Of course, I tend to forget that not everyone is the fusspot that I am. I agonized over whether I needed the 39" or the 41" cables, and then noticed that the last guy just welded a couple of cables together to form the intermediary line. Oh well. You know, it isn't going anywhere, it was actually a pretty good repair.

The brake saga is not over: I have replaced the hydroboost. The old one was not doing its job. Furthermore when trying to bleed the brakes and failing, I discovered that the master cylinder is likely shot, too. I think it was the OEM one, made for a gas with vacuum assist: I might be talking out of my hat, but I think that the hydraulic pressure of the hydroboost is about double what you get from a vacuum, which means that it might not have held up in this application, ie it might have blown the master cylinder. Anyway, I have a 3/4 ton diesel master brake cylinder arriving tomorrow.

I always say I don't mind spending money on brakes, tires, and batteries, but this truck is testing that theory. It will stop on a dime, though.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10

Last edited by dagnabbitt; 06-22-2022 at 01:04 AM.
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote