View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 11:30 AM   #5
East50Nick

Smile Re: 292 random shut down at idle

Sorry for the lapse in reply time here.

The timing curve is hard to tell at this point because the timing is just set for tdc at the moment. We actually may have fixed the problem Saturday evening though. Looking like it was a bad module right out of the box. Kind of frustrating, but still a success. I guess I'll be keeping a couple of those on the shelf for the future. We replaced the pick up module (again, replaced it last year and it never fixed the problem, and the module bench test fine per all the specs we could find on how to bench test it with a meter) and it's running without issue. Running smooth from start up to shut down. We repeated the process 4 times, keeping track of how long we ran it, and two of the times included a short drive down the street and back just to check it under operating conditions other than idle. Thank you for your suggestions, I am still learning as I go with this truck, but your questions sparked some valuable conversations with my dad. I hope you have a great week man, im hoping to be posting more success stories in the future.
East50Nick is offline   Reply With Quote