Thread: NJ Suburban
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 03:30 PM   #216
pwdcougar

Re: NJ Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I've never tried it. I use the cabinet inside and my big pressurized blaster outside. The only problem is I can only do the bigger stuff when the weather is decent.

LockDoc
Leon I set up plastic on all sides of the shell with binder clips every 6 inches or so. The excess plastic went along the floor and overlapped underneath a couple feet all the way around. I didn’t realize that the pressure of my mask and the pressure of the sandblasting gun would push all of the super fine particles out. Then I set up a fan that vented the booth out the side door of the garage. By then though the damage was done! The fine dust sticks to everything and has to be wiped off. After finishing and taking the boot down I opened both doors and got out my backpack leaf blower. I’ve almost got all of the sand out of the nooks and crannies on the shell and I have to say it looks really good.

Paul
1970 4WD Chevrolet Suburban
1997 4WD Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed (purchased new January 1997)
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote