View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 11:16 PM   #5
Warren

Re: starter motor question

thanks appreciate your replies, here is what I did

Took the starter motor out which is not easy with headers (five times now) but too hard to drop they exhaust for a few reasons. Ive run 12 volt to the motor and it works fine. I hooked up lamp cord to the solenoid and listened for a click.

Should the solenoid not jump forward with a wire to the "S" small terminal. I cant jumper the big to small terminal with a screwdriver as the headers are in the way, Hell I can barely even see the starter motor.

ILl go try the wire to the solenoid one more time to see if I can hear a clilc of the gear snapping in and out but dont think so and pretty sure with 12 volts to it should do that on its own.

Also its a 400 small block truck motor and someone did put an electronic distributor on it so no points

thanks

w

thanks on the diagram and the purple wire, it looks red but ancient eyes and 49 year old truck. Wish the battery wire and that one were longer, on stands in the driveway barely for me., My Lee Valley headlamp stopped working weeks weeks ago and cold today even though they said it was spring weeks ago, nuff fun for one day.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote