View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
jdorrough

Rotten 66 Farm Truck Build

Hi all. I’m new to the board. For some reason, my account was stuck for months in a moderation queue leaving me locked down with no way to post. Now that's been worked out, I thought I'd start a build thread. The story on the truck goes back to my great uncle who used the truck for work at the US Park Service. Somehow he was able to buy it from the National Park Service. That’s when it became the truck that my father rode in on hunting trips as a kid and the real sentimental ties lie. When my great uncle passed away it was purchase by my family and used by my brothers and I on the farm. It was parked at some point and left to rot away. When I built my garage, I wanted a project to keep me busy so here we are. I bought it off my father for a couple bucks and started assessing what all I wanted to do with the old truck. At first, I figured I’d get it running and maybe fix a couple body spots and the wood bed that were completely rotten and leave it at that. But after spending too much time staring at it on the lift, I’ve decided to go ls3 powered, frame off restomod and turn it into a dailyish driver. I’ll try to keep this thread updated as I go. I’ve attached a few pictures of what I started with.
Attached Images

Last edited by jdorrough; 11-17-2020 at 01:48 PM.
jdorrough is offline   Reply With Quote