View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 08:45 PM   #4
Yellow Cheyenne

Just replaced the motor in my '96 with a '97 S-10 motor (both 4.3L-but sounds like they have the same hose connections). I bought the new hose and connector before starting the swap. After already buying the new parts, I noticed that the Blazer did not use all the extra crap-just had a fitting that a hose (3/4" I think) would go onto and use a regular hose clamp to hold it on. If I'd known this before I started, I probably wouldn't have bought the new hose and special manifold adapter and instead would have used regular hose and a regular fitting. Noticed the fitting is also available at Advance Auto parts. Just a thought. Was also told that the plastic pieces that snap together are brittle and often break while attempting to disassemble. Sounds like it is time to replace the connector assembly or go the more traditional (and I'm sure less expensive) method of connecting the hose to the manifold.

Randy
'70 Olds Rallye 350
Yellow Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote