Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #113
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Well we got to spend about 12 hours in the shop over the last two days. We got the cab mounts built, the next picture should look familiar.

IMG_2014 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Thanks for the diagram.

So we got them built. My welding could use some improvement, but I got good penetration and I'm sure they won't come apart.

IMG_2015 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Then we started taking the cab off of the Camaro/54 frame. I'm going to put it on the body dolly so I can work on it. We built a wooden dolly for the 48 cab until it gets its test fit on the S10 frame. If you look on the right side of the picture you can see the back of the 48 and my body dolly under it. That is the one I can I used to do the repair panels.

IMG_4750 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

If you look at the lower drivers side door hinge you will see that it is still in the cab. It is held in by something, I'm thinking it may be the hinge pin as I've read about that. The upper hinge had a hinge pin that was about 1/8" out when pulled. This lower just won't come out.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get it out?

Also, the wooden dolly for the 48 is in the lower left corner.

IMG_4754 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

This is the Camaro/54 frame with the 283 and T350 that is going into the 48. When we get the cab test fit, this is next to be fit on the S10.

IMG_4755 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

And the gratuitous shot of the 48 finally ready to be test fit - and off of my body dolly so I can start on the 54.

IMG_4756 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

And here the 48 sits on the dolly so we can roll it around in the shop. The shop is FULL right now. I should post a picture. Never enough room.

IMG_4760 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

I hope with the long weekend we will get the 48 test fit and the frame and all of Richards parts to his house so he can start stripping and priming stuff.

It's been a good Labor Day weekend so far.

Last edited by 8man; 05-04-2019 at 05:17 PM.
8man is offline   Reply With Quote