View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 05:49 PM   #5164
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So during the late afternoon Nigel @alpina99 popped in, as you do, from Southampton (well nearby it)

He came up to visit and to drop off the carrier for the block and tackle he offered me for the carport, and to use when the MX5 engine ends up being torn from the canary.

We spent some great time together, mostly sitting chatting down at the carport which proved to be a great reception area, which still would not have been enough, had we been given 10 hours, discussing all sorts of things, from life and death to Spain, America, Karma and being kind to others.

Eventually he had to leave on his trip home to Mrs Alpina99 and I went out to inspect his current new to him, whip, an E39 BMW or as he explained to me, a 5 series. As I am not good with this numbered car thing.

As a retired prison officer of 30 years, he certainly makes the car look like a 3 series.

A few subtle upgrades make it just right.

I have to say, I was totally smitten with the wheels, and had we had more time, I would have wanted to try them on the S10 truck.

After work, I went down to carry on with cleaning the front subframe and suspension.

Again, I did not clean the springs or shock absorbers as they will be replaced.

It took a long time too, finishing what I had not managed to complete this morning, followed by flipping it over and starting on all the under side and invisible paint.

Hell, I hated this job.

Top side eventually done.

Flipped over

Before

After

And at 7.00pm tonight, thankfully Sally had come around and cooked dinner, allowing me to finish.

I started the compressor up and used the blower nozzle to really blow all the scraped paint and rust and dust out of all the nooks and crannies.

Happy with that finish.

Paint next.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote