View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #95
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

Back at it!!!!

Well over the last two weeks I managed to sell 2 engines (454 from the crew cab and 350 from my '69) so I have a little money to get some parts with...just in time cause the tear down is just about complete.

While I was out of town for work I came up with a design for the front suspension. Basically its going to be very similar to what I had on my jeep using long radius arms. The mounts will be incorporated into the transmission crossmember. I'm going to make the lower link out of 2" 1/4" wall DOM tubing and the uppers will be slightly smaller. The panhard bar will be 1.5" .120" wall DOM. I'm also going to be ordering a cross over steering kit. All of it should be super strong and pretty easy. I'm also going to make some spring mounts and have a design for them as well, but its hard to describe. I need to take a few measurements before I start ordering stuff.

Tonight I continued the tear down on the dodge frame. First I cut it in half I'm going to use the front half as a temporary engine stand since right now the engine is sitting on 3 jack stands. Then I removed the exhaust, spare tire, fuel tank, hitch, and then started to remove the leaf springs.

That's about it for tonight, but at least I was back out there!
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote