View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 09:24 PM   #66
Orange Crate

Re: Another NV4500 to NP205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbel45 View Post
Great update and good work!

If I remember right, you have your nv4500 / np205 in the shortest configuration possible right? (no adapters).

I have the same (short config) and also plan to keep my bench seat. I'm debating whether to move my engine forward or notch the seat for the shifter.

It seems like others have been able to keep the engine in the stock location with just the shifter just kissing the seat. Does your twin shift move the shifters back at all?

Did you make your rear crossmember to lower the NP205? I used some spacers to drop my stock crossmember as the np205 housing was hitting the floor a bit. Do you have any worries about front driveshaft angle?

Sorry for all the questions!! Your one of the few that seems to be going down the same path as me. Great minds think alike!
I do not have an adapter, only the AA bell housing.

I kept the transfer case shifters in the same location as stock due to the bench seat. But I did have to move my engine forward for this.

My trans cross member is stock, in the stock location. I only needed to make a pedestal type adapter for my NV tail housing to bolt to and that bolts on to the stock rubber trans mount. I did not lower the transfer case, it sits about 1/2" below the cab floor. (it might be slightly higher by 1/4" or so, maybe).

My front and rear driveshaft angles should be really close to stock. I will need to measure for length to make sure as I have a D60 in front now (should be a shorter driveshaft)

Clutch master cyl and slave cyl install are next....Here are a couple more of the linkage I milled up.
Attached Images