Thread: 4WC question?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 10:05 PM   #10
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: 4WC question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I just want to add that in my opinion the above camper trailer is more cute than practical ("wine and cheese" instead of "beer and hot dogs" ).

I just posted it for an example of something with a pop-up that wasn't the whole roof, but just a small raised area so you could stand up in a critical spot - basically the kitchen/galley.

Mitchell in Denver used to make a "fishing hut" non-cabover slide-in camper that had a permanent raised channel right down the middle of the roof, sort of like those old rail cars. That reduces the frontal resistance, and I've found when off on the back roads that it's the outside corner of a camper that usually hits a tree when you run over a rock or stump on the opposite side.
I get the concept, but it wouldn't work for me. The amount of space that opens up when to top goes up on mine gives the whole thing a more "airy" feeling and is what makes it usable to me My only wish is the whole thing went up another 10-12" higher than it does. Not so much for standing headroom but to allow the ability to sit up while in the upper bunk. Right now I can only lay down on my back or side up there.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote