View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 10:36 PM   #187
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Since the radiator was empty it was a good time to add a zinc anode, just as a precaution /cheap insurance. I have never had any sign of electrolysis, and always use distilled water in a 50/50 antifreeze solution, but the anode was only $12 on sale,so why not. It just replaces the drain petcock

I’m not sure if I like the new look of the coils and harnesses on the valve covers, in time it may grow on me. My son offered to have them powdered coated for me, but I chose to leave them raw for now, because I may weld on a AN fitting to loop in a catch can. But I would rather pull PCV from the valley I think. I have been trying to buy a Ls6 valley plate so I can pull Pcv from the valley rather than the valve cover but every place I have tried has been sold out for almost a year now.
I still think a nice set of coil covers would look good.
I can’t afford a new FAST intake or throttle body yet to complete the mods, I’ll have to wait a bit longer.
Next up is to fill all the fluids and fire it up.
Attached Images