View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 09:45 PM   #191
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

The mechanical pressure gauge shows the sprayer produced enough pressure to force the oil through the system, it may have been able to produce more, but I didn’t have a clamp on the end of the hose and didn’t want the fitting to blow off the end. As far as the larger sprayer producing greater pressure, I think they are very similar, the first pick is from the smaller sprayer used to prime the engine this time, the second pick is using the larger sprayer 2 years ago, pretty close to the same.
I did release the pressure and remove the pressure tank before the oil ran out so that no air was forced through the system.
With fluids in the system, I left the same tune in the Holley Terminator from the previous setup. After waiting for the fuel pump to prime I turned the key to start, and the engine fired instantly. Oil pressure was instant as well, which was a relief given the process of installing the O ring, pickup tube, and oil pump different this time, given the inability to remove the oil pan out of the way.
After checking for leaks the RPMs were varied as the engine came to temp.
I may have to raise the idle for this cam and possibly a few other things in the Terminator, but otherwise initially everything seems great for a first fire up.

I think I may have a Pro tune the Terminator once I have installed a different intake and throttle body, in order to optimize the mods and not leave power on the table.
I haven’t been able to get the truck out yet to let the Terminator learn. After an unusually warm and brown winter, we endured a winter storm producing a lot of snow, at least 16”. So now it must melt, warmer weather is forecast for the end of next week, but I like to wait until after a good rain, so that the roads have had a chance to have been washed clean of the salt.
Can’t wait till then.
Attached Images

Last edited by sfont66; 03-27-2024 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
sfont66 is offline   Reply With Quote