View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 08:27 PM   #1
Beach-Burban

Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

I've been waiting on components for two planned upgrades: #1 is a fuel injection system...and after a long drawn-out research process (I tend to over-think before I buy), I pulled the trigger on the Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 system with the fuel sump pump. The fuel sump pump kit was delivered pretty quickly, but the Pro Flo 4 was back ordered until mid April, so I started researching upgrade #2...an A/C system to replace the dealer installed under-dash unit. I'm planning on keeping the rear air, so I've been trying to weigh the options with emphasis on compatibility. Another lengthy research process, and although I have yet to actually make the purchase, I'm leaning heavily towards the Classic Auto Air system. I might just keep the factory rear system as an "air handler" and not stress over combining the two systems, but the jury is still out on that? Back to the Pro Flo 4...I got notified in early April that my back-order has been pushed back until the beginning of August, so I got kind of depressed about having to wait. I began planning out what I needed to do to get ready for the two projects even though I prefer to work on one thing at a time. I decided that a tidy engine compartment could be a nice bonus to making these upgrades, so I moved my windshield washer jug (including the electrical and rubber hoses) from the passenger side to the drivers side. This meant relocating the big-block power steering reservoir more into the corner to have the "triangular" layout I have seen on other people's projects. That was pretty straight forward, so I moved on to removing the heater core/fan box cover as that will not be needed with whichever aftermarket A/C system I go with. I also removed the interior side of the under dash A/C system, but left the A/C wiring harness in place until I decide what to do. I would like to use a bulk-head for the heater and A/C hoses...and route them through the passenger side fender passage (as well as anything else that will be going that direction). I purchased the two firewall block-off plates from Full Custom Fabrication (I opted for the "without holes" as I'm not sure what configuration of bulk head I will be going with) and I'm really impressed with the quality of their product. It is also a perfect place to mount the fuel sump pump, which will free up the space I made by moving the windshield washer jug so I can mount any relays there that might be required in the future (at that time, I'll also do a little tidying-up of the "Ford style" solenoid that the original owner installed). At some point way down the road, I envision pulling the engine to do a complete engine bay clean-up, but for now, I'm trying to keep the Beach-Burban on the road with as little down time as possible.

Woody

Name:  IMG_3089.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3096.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3090.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  54.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3087.jpg
Views: 699