View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 03:33 AM   #742
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. Hank View Post
Wow! Thanks for the window link. I've been trying to find someone to cut the glass by me with no luck. I printed out Blackdiesel's pattern but I live in the boonies and there is nobody here to cut it.
I take it the glass fit OK? In Blackdiesel's thread they made the glass bigger than the ones that Brothers sells I think.
Hey you're welcome Az. Hank. I am pretty pleased with my door glass from AUTO CITY CLASSIC. I understand why Blackdiesel's pattern is a 'Lil bit larger than the window from Brothers. Even with my window if there was no window channel felt in the door there is a very small but slightly noticeable opening at the upper front portion of the window at the bend or curve it you don't fine tune and make adjustments.

It's hard to find people willing to cut you the glass. I found a guy here in L.A. He said that's all he would do, is cut the glass but go some where else to get somebody to install it. He told me trying to install the one piece glass and make them work correctly is too frustrating and did not want to be bothered, he would only install the originals glass with the vent window.

However you got Blackdiesel's instructional video on here & You Tube so you are good to go. Get the glass from AUTO CITY CLASSIC and some good felt channel and you won't be disappointed.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote