View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 03:39 PM   #9
Six862m6

Re: Washer Pump Size Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six862m6 View Post
Hmmm, yea I noticed that hole as well but didn't consider it because of the height difference relative to the mounting point on the motor. It did not come with a spacer either.

On a different note, I was able to break my old pump free and clean everything up in it today. It was actually stuck.... But all of the seals looked and felt like new in the actual pump portion. Weird. I am going to try it as well to see if it works now.

I may also try that RockAuto pump as well since he mentioned that the part numbers were different for the earlier vehicles.

I will figure something out for sure one way or another.
Well, no joy with the original pump. Once I remounted it to the motor it worked fine for a bit and then it did the same thing as how I found it: essentially the little slider was free moving however the actual pump (can see through the housing on this particular pump) stopped moving again, I am guessing due to "freezing" up. I took the cover off the LMC pump this evening also just to look... they are two very different mechanisms... under the covers. I will post pics in a bit.