View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #1551
Wikid61

Re: Post your C/L finds here for all to see

his truck was originally purchased by my Uncle in 1985. It is a true survivor shortbed with under 100,000 original miles; V8 305, Rochester 4bbl, Auto Trans, Custom Deluxe.

The truck has never been out of Louisiana or Mississippi, it was used as a Feed/Hardware hauler vehicle for most of its life and has been parked in our garage for 10 years. I drained the fuel tank, replaced the fuel pump and one fuel line, changed the oil, lubricated the cylinder walls, replaced the battery... and she fired right up and backed out of the garage. The pictures you see were taken just after i hosed the dust off. Update on transmission: the transmission was sluggish in reverse when i started the truck, but i have since replaced the fluid and it is now working great in fwd and reverse!

Known Issues: it's a factory AC truck, but the AC compressor locked up decades ago and was removed, the original radio is missing, the dash is cracking, surface rust is showing on the roof, exaust leak at header gasket, Body has a couple dents (as seen in pics) but all panels and paint is original. https://neworleans.craigslist.org/ct...354300192.html
Attached Images

Wikid61 is offline   Reply With Quote