View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #49
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Quick update.
After a skim coat of body filler on the repaired areas, and a couple coats of epoxy primer, I attempted to blend the repaired areas into the old paint. This color match was worse than the previous ones. The local O’Reillys tried to mix a closer match, but it’s not close enough. They suggested I take off a part and bring it in, so they can match to that, rather than to the color code. They are telling me the new paint formula doesn’t crossover well with the old. That and 48 year old paint.
I keep telling myself one day, when most of the body work is done, I will paint the truck hugger orange, so this look is only temporary.
I finally installed the new carpet, it fit very well I thought, I let it sit in the sun sun for several hours first, which I think helped. Next came the sills, and glue on door seals from Precision ( only because I already had them), the glue was kind of a mess, I think in the future I will try the push on Honda Civic door seals. That said the glue on seals work well, no complaints.
After that, when the weather is decent, I have been driving the wheels off!
Attached Images