View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #78
daveshilling

Re: 1958 Apache Big Window Loooooong Bed "Lucky"

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
nice to see your hydroboost setup, did you ever finish it? with two brackets i assume a rod between pedal linkage and hydroboost. i rarely make it to the builds section cuz too many builds that drag on, that from me whom took 8 years to build truk
I still need to get the high pressure lines made... trying to figure the best way to go about mocking some up for the shop. I need to get some bailing wire probably, or use off cuts from brake line and some rubber hose to mock up. I know once I do it I will wonder why it took me so damn long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
unless your 5 feet tall that column drop will be tearing your knees up. truk column is butt up to the dash, actually had to grind the speedo bezel for final fit n finish. even then i knock my knees, granted i'm an 6'4" ogre
I'm hoping that when I have the seat redone I can sit further back in the cab a bit and use the tilt to bring the wheel forward. The shift handle was too close to the dash where I had it. I can always go back to the stock mount if it doesn't work out. I don't really like the chrome anyways, i might brush that down so its not so shiny.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote